Rocking Chair - refinished

I actually forgot to take a before picture but it looked almost exactly like this: except its on a rocker. I inherited this beautiful chair from my mom when I was pregnant but the color didn't really match my sons room. I loved the lines of the chair and the size was perfect for me to sit in for an extended period of time. So I found a color that didn 't match but was in the same family as the crib and dresser, and painted away.

I didn't sand it thoroughly, just roughed it up. I also didn't prime, I used Benjamin Moore's Aura paint which doesn't require you to prime. It turned out pretty good, if I were to do it again I would use a spray gun. I had to get into all the little spaces so I ended up using a kids craft brush for those areas. I also gave it a light distressing to hide any mistakes I made or paint drops on the corners.

This is what the chair looks like finished, with my little man modeling his jacket great grandma made for him. Doesn't he look thrilled?

Labels: , , , ,