Making Bold Design Decisions


This is a project I worked on while I was first out of school. I was working in Idaho at the time and this client had a really unique style (the area had a lot of rustic, country, and traditional style so nobody understood where she was coming from). We got along great because we both liked doing something that was outside of the box. She had a great sense of style and her house was unlike anything I have ever got to work on since. We had a lot of fun going on road trips to shop for furniture. Here are some progress pictures I had of her
bathrooms.
I debated the mirror being the exact width of the wall or having it come in a few inches. I think this is much more dramatic. Sometimes taping a cutout on the wall will help you to envision what your room will look like and help to make important decisions.

She purchased Duravit plumbing and it was so beautiful. If you are going to have pipes exposed there is no other way to have it look as good.I am going to have to look for the pictures of the rest of her house. It is so pretty!

Labels: , , ,