Refinished & Reupholstered Dining Chairs

I inherited these dining chairs from my mother in laws storage shed.  I had no idea what they looked like, I just knew I needed some dining chairs and she said she had some extras.  When I received them I was convinced I could make something beautiful out of them.  While I attempted to give up, claiming it was too complicated, too dirty, to hard, eventually I got two of the chairs to work for me.  I will probably buy something more contemporary for the rest of the chairs, but for now these work as end chairs and we at least have a place to sit.
Before, holding the tools in our garage during another project.

After, at our dining table.

After, by itself.
I painted all of the wood with a grey primer and then finished it with a top coat of metallic silver paint.  I LOVE the finish, but I am debating distressing it with some stain.  For now the seats are reupholstered (not too perfectly) in a cream linen until I finish the rest of my kitchen and can get a better feel for what I want it to look like.

What do you think?  The look I would love to have is:
(from apartment therapy)
Mismatched Dining Chairs

from desiretoinspire

These are the dining chairs that I would love to have, with a more traditional dining table.

Stay tuned for my newest project... I am so excited to share it.

signature

Labels: , ,