Crochet Edging on Blankets

Now that the boys are here, I have short bursts of time in between feedings, but I am home bound.  Not my favorite place to be stuck.  Since the babies came 2 months early, I still have a few baby projects that needed to be done.  

The first major one is the nursery, which I will post once I finish some last remaining details.

The second is some blankets and burp cloths.   I buy the flannel pre punched at a craft store in Rexburg, but then I crochet around the edges.

This is the picot edge, its the most simple edge.  
I wasn't sure I was going to like this one and it ended up being one of my favorites!

I believe this is the fan edge and this is the first time I have ever used it.  I figured a burp cloth is the best place to use a new stitch in case you don't love it, its easy to undo.

  
This is a blanket I bought when I found out I was having twin boys.  There is a co-ordinating blanket in the works as well.  This is the hourglass crochet edge and its my all time favorite.  I think its perfect for boys blankets because its not too frilly.  

More projects to post soon...  If you want the pattern for the edging just email me hiretoinspire(at)gmail.com

signature

Labels: , ,